Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Talent Show



(I've had enough requests from people to see it that I thought I'd try the 'ol blog as the vehicle of getting it online. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I hope it works. I had forgotten how fun it is to put stuff on here. :) )

Our elementary school announced they were going to hold auditions for their first annual "Barton's Got Talent!" All of the kids were excited about it and went through the auditions. They all made it on the show list and it was a fun night. Kassi was asked by the drama teacher to be the Mistress of Ceremonies and she accepted. She did a great job all throughout the night. All three kids did such a great job and Nathan and I couldn't have been more puffed up with joy and pride. :)

Kassi sings "Good Morning, Barton!" It's our age-appropriate and school spirited version of the song "Good Morning, Baltimore!" from the musical Hairspray. Ashlee does a cooking segment on how to cook caramel. (My kids would watch food network for hours a day if I'd let them. They love to watch the cooking shows and challenges. Kassi even takes notes every time she watches.) Trevor recited a "spoonerized" story from memory. He was worried that people wouldn't think it was funny, but we told him the smart people would 'cuz it's smart comedy. That seemed to please him.

Enjoy the video. As a warning, it's 13 minutes long.

3 comments:

Mommydew said...

Your kids are adorable.

Tracy Haws said...

That was the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm so impressed with your children Jen...Can't wait to see where life takes them!

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing!!! That was so much fun to watch!!!!